NoviceNavigation is inconsistent, or organized unconventionally.
CompetentNavigation is well-structured/organized and follows conventions appropriate to the platform and product.
ProficientNavigational hierarchy has been considered and designed to match intended users' mental models of product and information.
ExpertMultiple navigation models have been considered and tested, with clear evidence for how the chosen model matches up with user expectations and mental models.
- Usability Evaluation Tree Testing
- Information Architecture Card Sorting
- Information Architecture Sitemap
- Interaction Design Android Navigation
- Interaction Design iOS Navigation
- Card Sorting Beginner’s Guide
- Card Sorting: Uncover Users' Mental Models for Better Information Architecture
- Is closed card sorting an outdated technique for IA?
- Lisa Maria Marquis
- Abby Covert
- Indi Young