NoviceDesign variations are attempted, but lack in variety, or are otherwise lacking in quality to consider as a good option.
CompetentDesign variations show good variety in design direction, with at least two options that could have been viable.
ProficientMultiple variations have been tried in a wide variety of potentially strong directions, so that the emerging design feels like the strongest choice available. Reasons for choosing certain designs over others is connected to user needs and branding goals.
ExpertHigh acuity for choosing a design direction from multiple options is demonstrated. Multiple reference sources have been incorporated into the design variation process.
- Visual Design Amount of Design Variations
- Visual Design Style Tile
- Visual Design Presentation Slides Design
- Visual Design Typography
- Visual Design Brand Attributes
- Visual Design Color Palette
- Visual Design Design consistency
- Visual Design Usage of Color Palette
- Interaction Design Interface layout
- Interaction Design Responsive Layout
- Andy Clarke
- Yesenia Perez-Cruz
- Aarron Walter
- Ilya Birman
- Learning to See
- Lessons From Swiss Style Graphic Design
- A CRAP way to improve usability
- Typography for User Interfaces
- UI vs Print
- Color Contrast Checker
- Contrast Checker
- Adobe Color
- Dribbble Colors
- Google Fonts