Native mobile app
Design a new app to be launched on both Android and iOS.
You will be designing a new app to be launched on both Android and iOS. For the sake of this exercise, assume that both apps will be built out by developers specializing in the respective platforms, and that they will be built natively. It’s you’re job to:
- quickly prototype a key flow of the app
- develop a visual identity to accompany it
- translate both into expressions appropriate to each platform
- Make several variations on your design before deciding on a direction. Ask for feedback and input from your colleagues!
- Be careful not to rely too much on components while exploring design concepts. When you get closer to a confident final design, start cleaning up your document with a system of symbols, styles, and well-named layer groups.
- Evaluate your design against heuristics and CRAP principles
- Digitized screens at high fidelity
- Provide evidence for key decisions through research and testing
- Show user flow
We should get a strong sense of:
- The problem and the user(s)
- Findings from research and how these informed your design
- Variations of your design that you explored
- Your design, including a prototype
- Next steps